Tuesday, August 2, 2011

BEDA Day 2: I'M ACTUALLY DOING STUFF

Greetings, everyone! It's the second day of the lovely month of August.

I'm super excited that both Hayley G Hoover* and Kristina Horner are doing BEDA this month. A bunch of YouTubers are also doing VEDA/VALA, which would be a good thing, but because I was in Maryland for a week, I'm really behind on my subscriptions, and it's only going to get worse and worse as the days go by.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem, because I could just spend all day on YouTube. BUT HEY GUESS WHAT I'M ACTUALLY DOING STUFF.

I'm taking this writing class at a local college. It's called the College Bound class, and like... I'm the youngest in the class. Some of the people are stressing about the SAT, and I'm just sitting there like, "LOL wut's high school??" It's going really well though, and the teacher is nice. I started a first draft of this... opinion piece, I guess, today. About online communication and url friendships and stuff. I'll probably include it as a substitute post at some point this month, whenever I feel too lazy/are too busy to post.

On the first day of class, which was yesterday, we did all of these introduction activities. I hate these sort of things. Like the first thing we did, which was "List 10 adjectives to describe yourself." I hate doing that, because it seems like whenever I say something good about myself, I'm lying and being conceited. But if I say something negative everyone will think I'm depressed and/or have a low self-esteem. The next thing that we did was fill out this survey thing, which would help to introduce us even more. Most of the questions were about our writing strengths/weaknesses, our writing process, what we want to learn from the class, etc. But there were also questions about our "activities/hobbies/interests." One of the questions was in school activities. I'm really glad that I did newspaper. Because unlike everyone else, I don't do much with my school.** But then we had to say what we do outside of school. Most people said things about, like, parties and sports and stuff. My thought process:

Er, um. Internet. Tumblr. YouTube. Can Torchwood be considered an activity? No. Um. Uhhh.

So that was fun.

Today was my stepmom's birthday, so I made her a giant card. Seriously, giant. Probably two feet in length. I could go measure it now, but meh.

After dinner, my dad was searching through what we had recorded on our DVR, and I found a program at the very bottom of the list that was saved from May 24. MAY.

MAY.

It ended up being the Glee season finale, which my stepmom has yet to see. So we watched that.

Alright, BEDA Day 2. How was that? Much better than yesterday's, anyway.

Should I do the song lyric thing that I always used to do? I think I'm going to include a song suggestion at the end of each post. Yeah.


(I know you've probably heard this song by now, but like, Vondell's video makes it better.)***

-Jess

*Whom I've been calling Hayley Ghoover lately, thanks to the Contour.
**I'm just now realizing that I could have said that I was a Student Leader, but whatever. The title sounds kind of pretentious.
***Maybe not. I just like thunderstorms.

No comments:

Post a Comment